MUSHROOM KETCHUP IS A THING.
- Wikipedia tells me that ketchup is a much more diverse and interesting category than I realized it was.
- A (vegan) mushrooom ketchup recipe from 1747
- A several blog-post mushrooom ketchup recipe odyssey with photos
- Another recipe (You know I’m sure it is “a great condiment to serve with meats and poultry” but can you please stop eating corpses thanks)
- An Americanized version from a Southern cookbook
- This is where I learned that this exists. Come on, UK. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?
Also: There should be more foods that have to “mellow” before you eat them.