[ITHACA, NY] Cornell University Vegan Society and ThankTank Creative, an Ithaca-based vegan consulting, design, and marketing firm, present a limited screening of the controversial documentary “COWSPIRACY: the Sustainability Secret” on Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM at Regal Ithaca Mall Stadium 14. Reserved seating tickets are currently available and recommended.
“COWSPIRACY: the Sustainability Secret” is a groundbreaking feature-length environmental documentary following an intrepid filmmaker as he uncovers the most destructive industry facing the planet today – and investigates why the world’s leading environmental organizations are too afraid to talk about it. As eye-opening as “Blackfish” and as inspiring as “An Inconvenient Truth,” this shocking yet humorous documentary reveals the absolutely devastating environmental impact large-scale factory farming has on our planet.
“This is an important film for everyone to see,” said Eric C Lindstrom, President of ThankTank Creative. “Every few years a documentary comes along that everyone who cares about this planet needs to see, this is one of those documentaries.”
“COWSPIRACY: the Sustainability Secret” has been screening across the world since its release and this limited engagement screening at Regal Ithaca Mall Stadium 14 provides the Finger Lakes Region an opportunity to learn more about the environmental impact of large-scale factory farming around the world.
ari Animal Labor, Oppression, Quick Links, Science, Theory and Philosophy Allegory of the Cave, animal consciousness, animal experimentation, animal intelligence, animal language, antlers, articles, chimp language, chimpanzees, chimps, communication, consciousness, crustaceans, deer farming, deer hunting, elephants, environmentalism, human animal, human animals, humans, hunting, language, octopus, orthorexia, pain, philosophy, plants, plato, primates, seeing eye dogs, service animals, service dogs, socialism, veganism 0 Comments
Here are some links. Catching up.
- World’s First ‘Dictionary’ Of Chimp Gestures Created By Scientists In Scotland
- What Happens to the Animals Who Are Used to Treat People in Therapy?
- Consciousness is Not a Computation
- Sorry, It Looks Like Lobsters and Crabs Feel Pain
- 7 Signs That Humans Are Domestic Animals and Yes, Humans Are Animals — So Just Get Over Yourselves, Homo sapiens
- Researchers: Elephants Have Developed A Human-Specific Alarm Call
- Study: Some deer farmers put ethics on line for profit
- Examining the Species Politics of Socialist Party USA
- The Secret Language of Plants
- Detached octopus arms show awareness, react to danger
- The Dark Underbelly of Veganism?
- Is Environmentalism a Religion? Sure, Why Not!
- Allegory of the Cave
ari Activism, Education, Science, Sustainability animal experimentation, animal experiments, animal rights, breast pump, breastfeeding, edible landscaping, feminist parenting, game theory, grocery shopping, hacking, how to do a kickstarter, intelligence, oldest living things, packaging, plants, poaching, research, technology, trees, vegan permaculture, zero waste 0 Comments
- Hack the Breast Pump Facebook Group (Click here for background info)
- Chimps Rock at Game Theory (Marginal Revolution)
- 10 steps for a ‘zero waste’ shopping routine (Treehugger)
- Are We Undergoing a Major Shift in How We Treat Animals? (io9)
- The case for raising feminist boys (Al Jazeera America: Opinion)
- WildLeaks: Give anonymous tips about wildlife crimes
- Want To Raise Money On Kickstarter? This Comic Can Help You Get Started (io9)
- 6 Edible ground cover plants for backyards and gardens (Treehugger)
ari Activism, Oppression, Science, Supporting Free-living Animals, Sustainability animals, body care, environment, habitat, health, oceans, plastic, skin, sustainability, vegan body care, water 0 Comments
Also, stop using exfoliating body products with plastic beads in them. Basically just use Bronner’s and stop doing everything else, okay?