- Lincoln: the Constitution and the Civil War, October 14 at 6 pm (Via Fingerlakes Unschoolers Network)
- Green Party PARTY: Meet Howie Hawkins! / Fiesta del Partido Verde: ¡Conoce a Howie Hawkins! Wednesday, October 15th 4:30 – 9pm (Via MRC Talking Circle Alumni)
- Advanced Compost Class Series, Three Wednesday evenings: October 15, 22 and 29, from 6-8pm (Via Fingerlakes Unschoolers Network)
- Round two Talking Circle on Race and Racism:
“…specifically for white allies who have experienced a round one Talking Circle who want to deepen and expand their learning and experience, identify strategies for action, and support each other as we move towards interrupting or eliminating racism and other forms of oppression. The purpose for this Talking Circle is to use this time together to move us all to thoughtful, effective, and sustained action against institutionalized racism in whatever spheres we can influence, resulting in continual individual and institutional transformation. The round two Talking Circle for white allies will be held on Wednesdays starting on October 15th, 2014 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM ending on November 19th, 2014. Space is limited to 14 people. To register, call Fabina B. Colon at 272-2292 extension 191, or email email@example.com.”
- The Listening Workshop, Saturday, October 18 at 9:00am – 1:00pm – This free event is transforming and soooo useful. Everyone should go! (Via Share Tompkins)
- Bike Tour of Ithaca’s Murals, Sunday, October 19 at 1:00pm
- Community potluck dinner at St james AME, 116 Cleveland Av., Sunday, Oct 12 (response to the recent event involving the IPD and two teens):
a follow-up to the work that we have already put into getting to know one another, the projects that some of you have already been working on to build community and end racism & random police violence, and to figure out other ways to continue building community, connections and TALK much more with one another.
• Brainstorming & planning: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
• Potluck dinner: 5:00 – 6:30 PM
• Bring a dish or beverage to share.
• Free & open to the public.
- Roots of Injustice/Seeds of Change: Toward Right Relationship with America’s Native Peoples, Nov 3, 2014, 7:30 pm (Via MRC Talking Circle Alumni)
- The Third Annual Finger Lakes Social Entrepreneurship Institute will take place November 7-9.
Ongoing programs & events
- Ithaca Trans* Group: Meetings are held every other Sunday afternoon from 5 p.m.—7 p.m. at the Cornell LGBT Resource Center.
- Free food every day in Ithaca! (Via Share Tompkins)
- Tompkins County Rising (Facebook group)
- The Village at Ithaca’s Family Advocacy Program (FAP) seeking advocates and families:
“The Village at Ithaca’s Family Advocacy Program (FAP) supports families who have children in the Ithaca City School District (ICSD). Families are matched with a trained local community member (a Family Advocate) who provides long-term, one-on-one support to the family, directing them to local resources and services that will support them in becoming more effective advocates for their children.”
Petitions and Public Letters